This morning I realized that it has been over two months since I last wrote about ‘The Reasons I Smile’. I have been so swept up by school and the whirlwind leaves me with little time to reflect on all of the good things around me. So here are a few of the little things in life that I am grateful for.
- There is only one week until my favorite holiday, Halloween. I love putting together a creative costume and dressing up with all of my girlfriends. My costume this year is still in the works; it involves lots of layers of tulle and I cannot wait to see how it turns out.
- On Friday night I went for the longest run around lower Manhattan. It was the most beautiful fall night; the air was crisp and the sunset was vibrant shades of orange and blue. This was the furthest I have ever run, I love pushing myself to see how far and how fast I can go.
- After my run on Friday, I am fully committed to training for and running my first half marathon. I registered for the NYC Half, but because it will be my first half marathon my registration will be accepted (or denied) randomly. I will know if I was selected on December 12. I am excited for this challenge and I look forward to sharing my experience with you.
- On Sunday night I made the most delicious Fall Detox Salad. It uses all of my favorite seasonal vegetables and the recipe made enough for me to take for lunch all week.
- There are only seven weeks left in the semester. We are nine weeks in. NINE! The time has flown by and the realization that I will be graduating this spring has finally hit me. I am so unbelievably excited and anxious for this next chapter of my life to begin.