Layers of gooey caramel sandwiched between crunchy cookie and rich chocolate.
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and line the pan with parchment paper.
- Using an electronic mixer, beat the sugar and 6 Tbsp butter in a large bowl for about 2 minutes until it is light and fluffy. Reduce the mixer speed and gradually add the flour until it is fully blended. Using floured fingers, press the dough into the prepared pan. Bake until golden brown on the edges, for approximately 16 to 18 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan combine the condensed milk, corn syrup, molasses, and 5 Tbsp butter. Stir occasionally. Bring to a simmer over low heat, continue stirring for about 5 minutes until it slightly thickens. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla and salt. Immediately spread the mixture over the crust. Refrigerate until set, for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Place the chocolate and remaining butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook until it begins to melt, it will take no more than 30 seconds. Stir the mixture until it is completely melted and smooth. Spread over the caramel and refrigerate until it is set.
- Cut into 1-inch squares, pour a large glass of milk, and enjoy!